Successful applicants must be members of BARS before taking up the award (to join please visit www.bars.ac.uk). The recipient will be announced on the BARS and UCSL websites, and he or she will be asked to submit a short report to the BARS Executive Committee, and to acknowledge BARS and UCSL in their doctoral thesis and/or any
publication arising from the research trip.
Please send the following information in support of your application (up to two pages of A4 in word.doc format):
1. Your full name and institutional affiliation (if any).
2. The working title and a short abstract or summary of your PhD or current project.
3. Brief description of the research to be undertaken for which you need support.
4. Libraries or institutions at which you will work.
5. Estimated costing of proposed research trip.
6. Estimated travel dates.
7. Name of one supervisor/referee (with email address) to whom application can be made for a supporting reference on your behalf.
Applications and questions should be directed to the BARS bursaries officer, Dr Daniel Cook at the University of Dundee. The deadline for applications is 1st June 2016. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by the end of June. The research trip must take place within a year (i.e. by 30th June 2017).